Drone footage shows the ruined Grudinina mill in the Russian city of Volgograd. The mill was used to produce highly-explosive bombs for the Red Army and hasn’t been reconstructed since its destruction during the pivotal Battle of Stalingrad in 1942. This mill served as important strongpoint of the Red Army during the battle of Stalingrad. It was taken and defended by men of the 42th Guards Rifle Regiment (part of the 13th Guards Rifle Division). Nowadays it is part of the State Museum “Battle of Stalingrad.” The ruins of Grudinina mill is to be found in the centre of the compley. The mill was built in 1903 and is the only building left after bombing of Stalingrad. The ruins of the mill were left untouched as a monument.
Argunners Magazine is an independent online historian and collector's magazine, dedicated to the militaria and history of both Axis and Allied powers during the World War 1 & 2. Argunners is a central resource offering the latest militaria and war history news, journals, articles and press releases related to these themes.